Free support available in our CLSCs
The Health Education Centre, like the Smoking Cessation Centre, provides services intended for residents in the territory. Our three CLSCs offer these services free of charge.
Adults who need help and encouragement to eat better, exercise or stop smoking can contact the Centre. All they have to do is make an appointment with their CLSC.
The first meeting with the nurse educator at the Health Education Centre:
- Assessing lifestyle habits
- Discussing the motivation to change certain habits
- Seeking solutions to overcome obstacles
- Developing a personalized action plan
- If needed, looking into the neighborhood resources
- If needed, prescribing pharmacological aids (nicotine patch or gum reimbursed by the RAMQ)
Please note that people with a chronic health condition (for example, diabetes) are encouraged first to consult a professional who can offer advice suited to their particular circumstances. Then the Health Education Centre helps them find the motivation to apply the advice in their daily lives.
So you’ve decided to take charge of your health?
Congratulations! The Health Education Centre and Smoking Cessation teams will be happy to help you!
TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
- CLSC de Côte-des-Neiges: (514) 731-8531
- CLSC de Parc-Extension: (514) 273-9591
- CLSC Métro: (514) 934-0354