Under the rights recognized by the Civil Code of Québec, persons 14 years of age and older may receive health services in strict confidentiality. Your CSSS offers intake, follow-up, counseling and psychosocial services, by appointment or on a walk-in basis.
Emergency services in the home are also available for children aged 5 to 17 and their families from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m., 365 days a year (the CAFE program).
For more details see Family crisis section.
CLSC de Côte-des-Neiges : 514 731-8531
CLSC de Parc-Extension : 514 273-9591
CLSC Métro : 514 934-0354
The Director of Youth Protection (DYP)
The DYP intervenes principally in situations in which a child:
- is abandoned
- is a victim of neglect
- is a victim of psychological abuse
- is a victim of sexual abuse
- is a victim of physical abuse
- has severe behavioral problems
- is at serious risk of being a victim of neglect, sexual abuse or physical abuse.
Centre jeunesse de Montréal
(514) 896-3100 www.centrejeunessedemontreal.qc.ca
The Batshaw Youth and Family Centres (services in English)
(514) 935-6196 www.batshaw.qc.ca
Listening, guidance and referral service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
1 800 263-2266 www.teljeunes.com