The CSSS de la Montagne offers health services, social services and family support to families in difficulty. When needed, these services can be rapidly delivered in the home (CAFE).
From 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
CAFE is a program providing immediate and intensive intervention services to help young people aged 5 to 17 and their families. Within two hours of receiving a request, a CAFE professional intervenes directly with the family at home. CAFE also provides intensive monitoring of the situation to restore calm.
CAFE operates 365 days a year. To access the program, a request must be made with the CLSC during opening hours, and at other hours, with Info-Santé (811) or one of Montréal’s Youth Centres (see below).
- CLSC de Côte-des-Neiges: (514) 731-8531
- CLSC de Parc-Extension: (514) 273-9591
- CLSC Métro: (514) 934-0354
In addition, the two youth centres on the Island of Montréal also offer services for young people aged 0 to 18 years. The services are intended particularly for young people who need protection or who have committed criminal offences. The services include support for the parents. The centres also provide services in adoption, family mediation, biological family background research, and reunion.
For support in the event of a family crisis or to report a case of abuse:
- Centre jeunesse de Montréal: (514) 896-3100 www.centrejeunessedemontreal.qc.ca
- Batshaw Youth and Family Centres: (514) 935-6196 www.batshaw.qc.ca
- Éducation Coup-de-fil: (514) 525-2573 www.education-coup-defil.com (Professional telephone consultation service for family members, including minors and their friends)
- Ligne parents: (514) 288-5555 (Telephone service specializing in parent-child relationships intended for parents only)